Root & Branch’s Educational Workshops are topic-based learning events for both adults and children in Berks County. Each workshop is designed to engage participants in a well-rounded learning experience that will inspire and empower you to apply practical sustainable techniques in your life.
Workshops include a variety of hands-on activities, visual aides, information and demonstrations on permaculture, ecology, and sustainable living.
- Composting 101
- Vermiculture – Worm Composting
- Container Gardening
- Urban Gardening – Growing Food in Small Spaces
- Home Water Management – Rainwater Harvesting & Rain Gardens
- Introduction to Permaculture
- Home & Garden Ecology
- Gardening for Wildlife
- Permaculture Design at Home
- Food Preservation 101
- Fermented Foods
- Homesteading for Beginners
- Herb Workshops – Culinary & Medicinal
- Trash to Treasure – the Art of Recycling, Repurposing, & Upcycling
- Junior Green Thumbs – Basic Gardening for Kids
- Eco-Detectives – Uncovering the Mysteries of the Natural World (Ecology)
- Wildlife Wizards – Gardening for Wildlife
- SuperSavers Club- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Get Down, Break Down! – Composting for Kids
- Children’s Garden Parties
Visit the calendar of events for more information on upcoming workshops.
Interested in hosting a workshop? Contact me today!
Live. Learn. Grow.